So, this being said – I thought I’d do something a little different from my standard ‘here’s 3 pics of what I’m wearing’ post & create an autumn edit for your perusal. Let’s get into it…
1) Knitwear – an obvious one – but most def worth a good mention. Jumpers, cardigans, turtlenecks in blacks, deep reds and mustard tones…these will be items you’ll pick up again and again over the cooler months.
2) Blazers – the easy way to make you look put together when you totally don’t feel it. Personally, I’m a big fan of a velvet blazer – but houndstooth, plain, checked…you name it, as soon as you own one, you’ll be seeking your next. Great with denim, skirts, pinafores, vinyl…everrrrything.
3) Pointed Ankle Boots – elongate your legs and feel mega fancy. A solid wardrobe staple, and will see you through spring. High on my wish-list are these Balenciaga babies.
4) Black Denim – the one you can wear pretty much anywhere, depending on how you style it. I love the TopShop Mom Jeans – high waisted and a killer washed look. With a chunky knit for a relaxed weekend, and a tucked in tee, blazer and previously mentioned boots for that date night.
5) Hats – overall, a lot of people seem to think they ‘can’t wear hats’. Firstly, I 100% don’t believe in not being able to wear stuff – you can wear whatever you please. Secondly, I shall run you through why hats rule – a) bad hair days – gone, b) cold head? Ears? Problem solved, c) feel your outfit is a little…off balance? Hats create a great balanced silhouette…like, in my opinion.
6) Bags – OK, OK. I was always gonna mentions bags because – BAGS. However, ponder on this – it’s cold. You’re wearing that same coat again, hiding that outfit you so wonderfully put together. Add in an excellent bag you possibly saved half a year for, et voila! Outfit looks spot on. Velvet, quilted and gold is perfection for this time of year.